The building of the Saint Teresa of Avila Church began in 1770 and it was finished in 1774. The church was built with some help of Empress Maria Theresa. Its lower part was built from bricks and the upper part from wood. The parish church is dedicated to Saint Teresa of Avila, and on August 24th 1778 Saint Bartol Apostle was chosen as the second titular. Namely, on that day a hail destroyed the entire crop in Ravna Gora, so the native inhabitants of Ravna Gora decided to take Saint Bartol as their second protector since the hail occurred exactly on the day when, according to the calendar, he is celebrated in the Catholic Church.
In 1803 attempts to initiate the establishment of an independent parish in Ravna Gora began, which was finalized in 1807. The enlarging of the church was conducted between 1823 and 1826. In 1899 the church was a ruin and it was torn down in 1905. The new, present church was finished in 1907 and it was built according to the drawing of the architect Herman Bolle.
The most valuable items owned by the church are the monstrance (from 1778), the cup (from 1741) and the reliquary of Saint Simplicius from the 18th century, which Maria Theresa donated to the church when she visited it in 1778. The vestments are also valuable church items. The church owns several magnificently decorated old chasubles and the oldest is abundantly decorated with coats of arms and is probably a gift from a duke or a king.